Frequently Asked Questions
Select a question below to view the answer.
- What is the Coach to Student Ratio in each class?
- What sports are included in the Multisports classes?
- When are classes, how much, and how long does each class and session last?
- What ages do you teach? How do I know which class to put my child in?
- What equipment do you use? What should I buy?
- What do the children wear? Do they need any special equipment for class?
- What if my child doesn’t pay attention or is acting up?
- Do the parents stay during the class?
- Should we bring snacks and water?
- Can I bring my other children and other visitors to watch my child play?
- If my child has a friend over can they join in the game that day?
- Do I have to register online with the registration form every session?
- I am confused how do I know which registration form to fill out?
- I am not receiving any emails, what’s wrong?
- Do you offer private lessons or smaller classes?
- Can I just make my payment on the first day of class?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- I really want my children to be apart of your program, but I cannot afford the class, are there any hardship scholarships available?
- I can’t find a class that fits my schedule what can I do?
- Can we enroll in a session that has already begun?
- Can I come out and try a class before I register?
- Do you offer classes for older kids, different locations or different times?
- Does Coach Derek ever entertain at birthday parties, make special guest appearances or incorporate his program with other local programs?
- What other programs does Coach Derek recommend?
- How will I know my child is enrolled in the class? Will I receive a automatic confirmation?
- Is class canceled if it is raining?
- How are we notified when class is cancelled?
- What if my child has to miss a class?
- How do I receive a credit if my child is not able to finish the session?
- Who is the Program Director?
- Can I text or email my coach?
What sports are included in the Multisport classes?
Our multisport classes normally include Soccer, T-ball/Baseball and Basketball. Some locations do not have Basketball courts and we will only offer Soccer and T-ball.
When are classes, how much, and how long does each class and session last?
Classes are offered Monday-Saturday. We offer 12, 10, 8 and 6-week sessions depending on the season and location. Classes meet once a week and last 45 minutes. See the current schedule for the classes we offer.
What ages do you teach? How do I know which class to put my child in?
We teach boys and girls ages 2-14. Younger kids can play in older classes at the discretion of the parents, but we ask that older kids stay in their age group. When you are unsure of what class to register your child in, please contact the Coach or the Program Director.
What equipment do you use? What should I buy?
We use a size 4 Soccer ball; a plastic lightweight T-ball set is the best to use for the 2-5 age group. Basketballs: we use the smallest game master ball available.
What do the children wear? Do they need any special equipment for class?
Children wear shorts, sweatpants leggings, and T-shirts, or anything comfortable. Good sneakers that fit and support their little feet. Please do NOT send your daughters in dresses and NO Crocs or flip flops. They can be dangerous when running. Cleats and shin guards are not necessary for kids ages 2-4. Children 5 years and older will want to wear shin guards. We provide all the necessary equipment!
What if my child doesn’t pay attention or is acting up?
This happens from time to time. The coaches are skilled in redirecting the child and encouraging the child to participate. Sometimes a time out is necessary. If an ongoing issue occurs we will work together to discuss what would work best for your child. If your child is disruptive or aggressive towards other children, please remove your child from the field and discuss options with your coach.
Do I have to register online with the registration form every session?
YES. You must complete the registration form for every session. We need your contact information and when you submit the online registration form you agree to the CDI liability disclosure.
I am confused how do I know which registration form to fill out?
When you are registering for a Coach Derek Inc. Class, please use the Coach Derek Form aka CDI Form located on our registration page. When in doubt contact the Program Director.
I am not receiving any emails, whats wrong?
Please make sure you add our email addresses to your contact list. You will receive most of our emails from email@example.com.
Do you offer any discounts?
We do offer discounts where and when we can. If you have more than one child registered in the same session you can receive $10 off one tuition. If you recommend another family to our classes you can receive a $10 discount off your tuition. These discounts do not apply to the classes offered through the City of Manhattan Beach.
I really want my children to be apart of your program, but I cannot afford the class, are there any hardship scholarships available??
Coach Derek Inc. understands that the economy has effected everyone and we never want financial hardship to stand in your way of joining our classes. We are happy to work out payments arrangements and reduced rates when we can in a confidential and discrete manner. Please contact the Program Director.
I can’t find a class that fits my schedule what can I do?
If you cannot find a class that fits your schedule, please visit our create your own class page. You can pick the time, location and coach…you just need at least 5 kids!
Can we enroll in a session that has already begun?
Yes, if space is available your child may enter mid-session. Your tuition will be *prorated. Please fill out an online registration form and speak with the administrator for details. *We will no longer prorate for Saturday classes.
Do you offer classes for older kids, different locations or different times?
We would love to offer more classes to fit your needs. Please send us an email with the type of class you are interested in and provide all the pertinent information. We have recently started offering classes for ages 6-8 years old.
Does Coach Derek ever entertain at birthday parties, make special guest appearances or incorporate his program with other local programs?
Yes, we have on several occasions worked with various schools and after school programs. We are also available to provide sports entertainment for children’s parties. Call the Program Director for details.
How will I know my child is enrolled in the class? Will I receive a automatic confirmation?
You will receive a manual confirmation from the program director within 3-5 days. Your confirmation will come via e-mail. Please be sure to fill out the registration form completely. If you do not receive a confirmation in 5 days, please email the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is class canceled if it is raining?
In most cases we will not hold class if it is actually raining, but to be sure, please call the Coach Derek Weather Line (310) 503-8885. There will be a voice mail message with information regarding class cancelations. The weather hot line will be updated at 8:00 AM for morning classes and 1:30 PM for afternoon classes. If we cancel class due to weather, instructor illness or vacation we will do our best to offer various make-up options or extend the session when we can.
We do our best to notify you in a timely manner. We use email and call your phone number listed. In some cases the field will be double booked and we will not find out until class time. We apologized about the inconvenience, but field scheduling is not a perfect science and there are times when errors are made. We are not in control of the schedule but do our best to notify our families
What if my child has to miss a class?
We ask that you find another class to attend in the session you are currently enrolled. Please contact the Program Director and let her know which class you would like to attend for your make-up. We will work with you to make sure your child can attend all the classes you are registered for.
- After the first class meeting, Coach Derek Inc. will issue a prorated credit.
- The $25 registration fee is non-refundable.
- If more than half the session is over and you are eligible to receive a credit, CDI will issue you a prorated credit (minus the classes you have attended) and it will be available to use towards another CDI class for one year.
Who is the Program Director?
The Program Director can be reached at 310.800.5980. Email: email@example.com.
Do you have a suggestion or opinion? We’d love to hear it!
Please give us your feedback or suggestion, we are always open to suggestions! Visit our Contact Us page and submit a comment!